- GoingNative 2012 is a global live C++11-fest that kicks off this Thursday at 9:30am U.S. Pacific time.
- 350 live in the room. Unlimited free worldwide attendance – both live and on demand.
Note that because of technical limitations, watching the livestream requires Silverlight (watching the stored videos later on demand will not). Silverlight is supported by all modern desktop browsers, but it’s a short download if you don’t have it already – so if you’re watching live, check in a little early to make sure you don’t miss a thing. If you’re watching on-demand, no worries – videos will be available in various popular formats as usual for Channel 9.
As we count down to launch, another tidbit from the “fun facts” department:
Myth: Software conferences are dying. Especially C++ conferences are dead.
Fact: Number of exclusively-C++ conferences in 2012: Three.
- Feb 2-3 (worldwide): GoingNative 2012. The world’s first globally simulcast C++ convention. Free livestream + on-demand for everyone. 100% about C++.
- C++ Now! (May 13-18, Aspen, CO, USA). 100% about C++.
- C++ and Beyond 2012 (August 5-8, Asheville, NC, USA). 100% about C++.
Other conferences also include C++ content, such as April 24-28’s ACCU which has over 20 C++-specific talks.
C++11-fest minus 3…